[Yum] yum 2.1.x and --download-only ?

Fred fredn1 at gmx.de
Mon Nov 22 19:07:56 UTC 2004

Hi Seth,

I tried to download the new kernel for Fedora Core 3
using the --download-only option from yum 2.0.7.

This because I need ntfs support, which I normally build
myself using the script and spec-file from:

 http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/

It didn't work, the kernel got installed, and I see that
neither 'yum -h' nor 'man yum' mention it, which escaped
my notice until now.

I'm using yum.2.1.11-3.noarch.rpm from the Fedora Core 3 install-DVD.

Do you plan to reintroduce it <ingratiating smile/> ?

If not I'll look at it myself
- and hope I have more time after work than I did last time ...

... see thread "[Yum] Yum source rpm download" from 2004-09-21,
which Arian Reber solved before I found time to.
- maybe I need another job.

Fred.