[Yum] Article on "YUM" at http://www.linux-magazine.com/issue/49

William Stearns wstearns at pobox.com
Sat Nov 20 06:01:42 UTC 2004

Good evening, Hans, Konstantin,

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:

> Hans-Jörg Ehren / Linux Magazine wrote:
> > Dear Friends of Linux,
> >
> > We at Linux Magazine wanted to inform you that we have posted our
> > article covering "YUM" in our Online Archive.
> >
> > You can find the article here:
> > http://www.linux-magazine.com/issue/49
> >
> > Please feel free to link to it from your site or post the link to
> > related forums and community sites. The article is available as a
> > PDF and can be downloaded and printed for private use without
> > charge.
>
> Isn't it a little... I don't know... hypocritical to put use and
> distribution limitations on an article written about a tool made
> available to you under GPL?

	They've provided something of value; an article introducing yum to
a wider audience that may not have used it before.  Many thanks, Hans, not
only for printing the article but also for making it available as a
downloadable PDF from the web site.
	They, just like the authors of yum and other pieces of software,
can choose any license they want for the contributions they're making.
	Cheers,
	- Bill

        "When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and
love has always won.  There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time,
they seem invincible, but in the end, the always fall.  Think of it - ALWAYS."
        -- Mohatma Gandhi
(Courtesy of Carole C. Pratt <Carole.C.Pratt at Dartmouth.EDU>)