[Yum] Loss of pkgpolicy in yum-2.1 : how to deal with using3rd party repositories selectively?

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sun Nov 14 18:05:31 UTC 2004

> What if includepkgs=foo, but foo depends on bar, baz, quux? Would I have to
> manually enumerate all the dependencies of foo, and include them in the
> includepkgs statement?

you will need to include the deps as well, if the package is not in the
includepkgs then it won't be seen at all.

> In any case, that doesn't help when I want a new package - I still have to
> go research which repository it is in, and add an include.
>
> Any chance of some means of assigning priority levels to repositories
> returning in a future release?

the problem with prioritizing repositories is maintaining the code. It
will rapidly become an albatross to take care of. Not to mention the odd
behavior that will come from it.

read back through the other discussions on this list of repository
prioritization and you'll see how odd it gets.