[Yum] Manual Download for Yum

Tony Hill tony_hill at waterwingz.com
Sun Nov 14 16:09:14 UTC 2004

Some of us have had the same problem with Yum freezing up - we've
covered that in another thread on this list.

Taking your suggestion last night,  I ran Yum to get a list of the
recent updates and when (as usual) it froze while downloading a large
file (Open Office updates are always a killer), I did a CTRL-C and then
I used my gFTP client to download the rest of the files.

I moved them into

/var/cache/yum/updates-released/packages

restarted Yum and it completed the update all by itself using the cached
files.

Thanks for the idea !

Tony