[Yum] Recursion?

Michael Jennings mej at caosity.org
Tue Nov 2 03:15:12 UTC 2004

On Monday, 01 November 2004, at 22:58:04 (-0500),
seth vidal wrote:

> here's what I just tried with createrepo and it worked:
> createrepo -v -p -x RPMS/*.rpm ~/rpm/
>
> Doing that excludes all rpms under RPMS/
>
> if it's not working let me know, and tell me which version

Here's what I was getting:

# (cd /caos/repo/ext/autobuilder/i386 ; createrepo -x '00_LOGS/*' .)
Error: Only one directory allowed per run.

    createrepo [options] directory-of-packages

     -u, --baseurl = optional base url location for all files
     -x, --exclude = files globs to exclude, can be specified multiple times
     -q, --quiet = run quietly
     -g, --groupfile <filename> to point to for group information (precreated)
     -v, --verbose = run verbosely
     -s, --checksum = md5 or sha - select type of checksum to use (default: md5)
     -h, --help = show this help
     -V, --version = output version
     -p, --pretty = output xml files in pretty format.

But when I tried again with a different syntax (createrepo -x
'00_LOGS/*' /caos/repo/ext/autobuilder/i386), it worked.  Sorry to
bother you. :)

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <mej at kainx.org>