[Yum] yum for Fedora Core 2

Zhu Wang zhuw at mail.smu.edu
Mon May 31 16:14:53 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 23:17, Peter Halliday wrote:
> I think what he is asking is how can you upgrade to Fedora Core 2 from
> Fedora Core 1.  I was told by someone on this list that it was possible,
> but still am not quite sure how to do so without installing the CDs.

Here is what I did from Fedora Core 1 to Core 2. I firstly failed to
install by using yum, but I probably have the header files in
/var/cahe/yum/base/headers when I tried:
yum upgrade

Then I wanted to install it with CDs, so I BTed the four CDs but I found
there were some dependencies problems which made the installation
failure. So I copy rpms in the four CDs into
/var/cache/yum/base/packages and issue

yum -C upgrade

That should do the trick.

> > Is there now, or will there ever be, a yum version for downloading the
> > newly-released Fedora Core 2? If there will be, when will it be available.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > David Shapiro
Zhu Wang