[Yum] newbie: configuring to exclude kernel updates?

jeb12 at duke.edu jeb12 at duke.edu
Fri May 28 15:24:16 UTC 2004

Howdy.  I'm a bit of a newbie to linux/dulug.  I'm running the Duke
distrib with yum.  I'm using nvidia graphics and when yum updates the kernel I have to rebuild the nvidia
unified driver (this is a known issue with the nvidia driver: updating the
kernel it's linked to breaks the driver).

Is there a way to configure yum not to download packages that will modify
the kernel?  Would the "installonlypkgs" command be the way to go about
this?

Thanks for the help.