[Yum] Kernel Question

Brian bwaichu at yahoo.com
Wed May 12 16:05:15 UTC 2004

Thanks!

Let's suppose I decide to build from source my kernel.
 And let's suppose I just want to upgrade to the most
up to date 2.4, which isn't out on the duke server
that my YUM 2 points to for RH 8.

Do I just write in my yum.conf going forward (after a
compile from source update):

exclude=kernel*

or is there something else I need to do?

And for the duke server, where do I import the latest
key?  Should I be pointing at fedoralegacy's servers
instead and using their key?

Cheers,

Brian