[Yum] yum performance

Mihai T. Lazarescu mihai at email.it
Sat May 1 11:37:35 UTC 2004

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004, Jim Perrin wrote:

> I try to avoid getting involved in things like this not being a coder
> myself, but it seems that instead of questioning what the code does in a
> mailing list and making Seth et al answer emails instead of improving yum
> is somewhat counterproductive.

Please note that this thread was started by some questions
Seth asked on the list.

As a programmer, my understanding is that the "productivity"
of SW writing, as for most any other creative endeavor, is very
loosely measured in hours spent crafting.  Work planning and
option evaluation are important for overall productivity and
quality and, not the least, programmer's sense of fulfillment.

Mihai