[Yum] Small problem

Jim Smith krisc00 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 31 19:38:29 UTC 2004

Jeff,

Thanks for the information.  I really appreciate it.    Any chance I could get a
peek at someone's yum.conf?  I just have the default one of:

# Yum config file from http://www.xades.com/proj/fedora_repos.html
# Put this file at /etc/yum.conf
[main]
releasever=1
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=fedora-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1

[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-$releasever

[updates-released]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/released/fedora-core-$releasever
        http://ftp.dulug.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$bas
earch/
        ftp://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/fedora-core/updates/$releasever/$base
arch/
        ftp://ftp.linux.ncsu.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$base
arch/

[fedora-extras]
name=Fedora Extras $releasever - $basearch - Extra Packages
baseurl=ftp://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/fedora/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/y
um/stable/
        http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/yum/stable
/
gpgcheck=1
failovermethod=priority
[livna-stable]
name=Livna 3rd party packages with questionable (in USA) licenses -- use at your
 own risk
baseurl=http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/yum/stable

Also, what would be the easiest way to update a RH 9.0 server to Fedora Core 1?
I found this website:
http://www.ldeo.columbia.edu/~vschmidt/notes/redhat2fedora/

and I was wondering if it would be a viable way to proceed.  Thanks again
for all the help.

David Mooney
Jeff Sheltren <sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu> wrote:
If you look at http://fedora.redhat.com you will see a mirror list & you
can pick a server close to you...

By the way, here's a link to the pine package Seth was telling you
about. I have modified it slightly because it wasn't reading the system
wide pine setting properly. Anyway, it should work for you under FC1.

http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~sheltren/some-files/pine-4.58-2.i386.rpm
http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~sheltren/some-files/pine-4.58-2.src.rpm

-Jeff