[Yum] About the log level and information messages

Aurélien Degrémont aurelien.degremont at lelfe.net
Sun Mar 28 20:38:52 UTC 2004

> no.
>  Don't run in debuglevel 1 if you expect to see significant output. The
> search results are NOT significant enough to merit a level 1 display.
> Run in debuglevel 2 if you want the normal information to be displayed.

I just find Yum very to chatty in debuglevel 2.
Is it possible (now or in the future) to have a level, in yum, in which
it will just said the messages answering the request, no more informations.
All the stuff concerning the servers it tries to connect to, the
downloaded headers, ... are not important for me. I understand people
could find this useful, that's why yum have different debug levels.
If level 1 is very restrictive and could not be use in normal situation,
so that's the #2 ?

Should I understand that, presently, yum could not be less verbose than
the level 2 ?

Thanks a lot.

Aurélien