[Yum] About the log level and information messages

David Christian dbchrist at unity.ncsu.edu
Fri Mar 26 06:40:48 UTC 2004

Attached is a simple patch that checks to see if the input is a tty (and
that -y is off) and if so, prints out the actions yum will take.  I
think this is a reasonable short-term fix: there's no reason why yum
should print out ask the user for an answer to "Is this ok?" from a tty
without printing out what it is asking for advice about.  The other
solution would be to assume the -y option when the log level is 1.

Note that this patch won't break cron scripts since behavior when yum is
run without being attached to a tty is unchanged.

David