[Yum] Problem with Latest Release (2.0.6-1)

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Sun Mar 21 08:50:18 UTC 2004

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 11:36:59AM -0600, TBrowder alleged:
> Thanks for the speedy reply:

This looks like your openssl was broken by updating krb5 without getting
openssl updated.  Manually update your openssl (and check the krb5 packages
while you are looking) to the latest version with your distro.

This happens to alot of us that rebuild RHE3.  What happens is that we build
new openssl and krb5 rpms against the old openssl and krb5 that were currently
installed.  Then we install our newly built rpms and find that the newly built
openssl doesn't work with the new krb5.  Rebuilding openssl with the new krb5
fixes the problem.

University of Southern California