[Yum] hold-like variable using yum

Kerry Cox kerry.cox at ksl.com
Tue Mar 16 23:13:19 UTC 2004

Having used apt for some time and wanting to migrate to yum, I am
attempting to find equivalent commands. Under apt I could set the "hold"
variable in /etc/apt/apt.conf so that apt would not download certain
packages. The developer did not want apache, php or mysql updated. We
ran everything from source and sometimes the rpms got installed.
I noticed there is something called "exclude" under the yum man pages.
Any examples available for running this and excluding certain packages
from being updated?
Thanks.
KJ

--