[Yum] yum and publicfile

Michael Stenner mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
Tue Mar 16 16:40:40 UTC 2004

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 11:21:48AM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> > Now, because (as I've said repeatedly) we plan to change this
> > behavior, I just really do not see the point in dumping any more time
> > into this conversation.
>
> Just a heads up. If there are any http or ftp servers out there that do
> not support byte-ranges then in the future yum WILL NOT WORK WITH THEM.
>
> let me make this VERY VERY CLEAR:
> YUM WILL REQUIRE BYTE-RANGE gets from the http and ftp servers it uses
> in the future.

Agreed, but these are two different issues.  I'm only talking about
the content-length panic-check.  We'll be working hard to make that go
away (it's not in the cvs urlgrabber).  I see no reason to suspect
from this that publicfile doesn't support byte ranges.

We'll find out, though :)
					-Michael
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department, the University of Arizona                 520-626-1619
  1230 E. Speedway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85721-0104                 ECE 524G