[Yum] on to ftpd

mw-list-yum at csi.hu mw-list-yum at csi.hu
Tue Mar 16 16:06:26 UTC 2004

OK, so now that I can use yum (as far as I can tell) with publicfile's
httpd, I'd like figure out a way of making it work with ftpd as well.

Recall, the reason I press for this is that publifile's ftpd is at
least three times faster than vsftpd through a DSL connection (the
client connects via DSL)---but for certain files, the speed increase
is 8 fold.

Here is what I get when trying to use yum with ftpd.

# yum info yum
Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Base
retrygrab() failed for:
  ftp://moni.msci.memphis.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os/headers/header.info
  Executing failover method
failover: out of servers to try
Error getting file ftp://moni.msci.memphis.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os/headers/header.info
[Errno 4] IOError: [Errno ftp error] 426 Transmission failure: not a directory

The strace is at

http://moni.csi.hu/mw/yum.ftpd.strace

Other cilents like ftp, ncftp, lynx, mozilla have no problems getting
the file named in the error message.

Mate
--
---
Mate Wierdl | Dept. of Math. Sciences | University of Memphis