[Yum] yum and publicfile

mw-list-yum at csi.hu mw-list-yum at csi.hu
Mon Mar 15 20:21:37 UTC 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 11:06:04AM -0700, Michael Stenner wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 08:35:20AM -0600, mw-list-yum at csi.hu wrote:

> > > publicfile isn't sending a content length header with it's url depsite
> > > claiming to be an http 1.0 compliant web server.
> >
> > Could you be more specific about when or how this happens:
> >
> > $ ls -l /public/file/moni.csi.hu/index.html
> > -rw-r--r--    1 root     root           90 Mar 15 08:16 /public/file/moni.csi.hu/index.html
> > $ telnet moni.csi.hu 80
> > Trying 141.225.11.87...
> > Connected to moni.csi.hu.
> > Escape character is '^]'.
> > HEAD /index.html HTTP/1.0
> >
> > HTTP/1.0 200 OK
> > Server: publicfile
> > Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:22:42 GMT
> > Last-Modified: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:16:03 GMT
>
> bird$ telnet moni.csi.hu 80
> Trying 141.225.11.87...
> Connected to moni.csi.hu.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> GET /index.html HTTP/1.1
> Host: moni.csi.hu
>
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Server: publicfile
> Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 17:50:36 GMT
> Last-Modified: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:16:03 GMT
> Transfer-Encoding: chunked
>
> 5a
> Powered by qmail, djbdns, publicfile on a Lignux system.
> 0
>
> I'll be looking at removing this check because it's always struck us
> as an icky hack, but it's a complex issue.

In rfc2616 section 4.4 I read

   3.If a Content-Length header field (section 14.13) is present, its
     decimal value in OCTETs represents both the entity-length and the
     transfer-length. The Content-Length header field MUST NOT be sent
     if these two lengths are different (i.e., if a Transfer-Encoding
     header field is present). If a message is received with both a
     Transfer-Encoding header field and a Content-Length header field,
     the latter MUST be ignored.

Mate

--
---
Mate Wierdl | Dept. of Math. Sciences | University of Memphis