[Yum] Re: Issues trying to keep Fedora Core devel up-to-date with yum

Ville Herva vherva at viasys.com
Sun Mar 14 20:59:36 UTC 2004

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 03:47:15PM -0500, you [seth vidal] wrote:

> > A similar issue: I have the following entry in yum.conf
> >
> >   [Freshrpms.net]
> >   name=Fedora core 1 Freshrpms.net
> >   baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/1/$basearch/freshrpms
> >
> > in addition to the Fedora Core development mirror. If connection to
> > ayo.freshrpms.net fails (which it does quite often for some reason), the
> > whole "yum update" batch fails. The same goes for the livna.org server. To
> > me it would make more sense if yum went ahead and updated at least the
> > Fedora Core devel packages.
>
> This is quite intentional. IF one of the repositories fails you will get
> very different answers especially if repositories provide overlapping
> sets of packages as many repositories do.

Hmm, I see.

I don't suppose you have any plans to make this overridable by yum.conf
options? (Something like repository priorities perhaps - if repository of
lesser priority fails, the higher priority ones could still be upgraded,
since any overlap would be solved by using the higher priority repository.)

-- v --

v at iki.fi