[Yum] how to choose package from repositeries

Eric Doutreleau Eric.Doutreleau at int-evry.fr
Sat Mar 13 12:58:21 UTC 2004

Hi

Le sam 13/03/2004 à 06:36, seth vidal a écrit :
> > There s different version of different in the different repositeries.
> > how can i select the repositeries for different packages.
> >
> > for examples
> > on a machine A
> > i would like to install mozilla from repositery A
> > but kernel from repositery B
> > and openoffice from repositery C
>
> do you really want that specific version and not the NEWEST version?

Well personnaly i don't want anything :)
but i administer computer for people.
for example and for whatever bad reasons some want to use mozilla 1.4
some 1.5 and other 1.6 on their machine.
then i have to find a way to install a specific version.

> > with apt i can play with preferences.
>
> There are 7 people on the planet who fully understand the package
> pinning concept in apt. You don't want to be one. :)

Well i don't know if i understand well. I just found a way to do it.

> > Is there some kind of mechanism to do the same with yum?
>
> no.
>
> -sv

Well it would be a nice feature :)

I really would prefer use yum over apt as:
-it seems really lighter than apt
-as it s written in python i guess it would be more integrated in the
installation process above all with the kickstart system.

thanks for help