[Yum] Re: yum] Yum for Red Hat Enterprise Version 3 WS

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Sat Mar 13 03:49:36 UTC 2004

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, seth vidal wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 18:06 -0500, Harvey Weiss wrote:
>
> > Is there a version of yum that will run on this operating system? I
> > don't see it listed on your web site.
> >

> yum-2.0.X will work wonderful on WS 3.

and at least two of the RHEL rebuild projects as well:

[herrold at dhcppc1 herrold]$ rpm -q centos-release yum rpm
centos-release-3.1-1
yum-2.0.5-20040303
rpm-4.2.2-0.12
[herrold at dhcppc1 herrold]$

As the server side of up2date has not been released, the
Centos developers made the decision to use yum as the primary
updated; the yum-conf, and a cache preseeding package are also
in Centos -- http://www.centos.org/ (which is a official
sub-project of cAos) -- it also works fine with Tao Linux
(http://www.taolinux.org/) in my testing.

-- Russ Herrold