[Yum] Using yum to update rpms without installation

Josh More jmore at remote-print.com
Tue Mar 9 20:56:40 UTC 2004

I am looking for a tool to keep disk-only respositories in sync
with what is on the net.  I am making a single-disc linux distro
based off FC1, and would like to be able to include packages that
they do not.  Ideally, I would have a structure as follows:

~build/new_linux
~build/repositories/fedora
~build/repositories/freshrpms
~build/repositories/atrpms
~build/repositories/newrpms
etc.

Where I would have a list of what packages should be kept up to date
in the repositories.  Then I would like to use yum to keep the
directories in sync with the rest of the net.  I could then merge
the RPMs together that I wanted, and generate an ISO containing
those RPMs, to simplify installation and updating.

However, glancing through the yum man page, I do not see a way
to download, but not install, an rpm.  Is there a way to do this,
or should I work on extending yum?

Apologies if this has been asked before.  I did not see a way to
search the list.

--
Josh More <jmore at remote-print.com>