[Yum] Positive result with Yum

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Tue Mar 9 20:09:56 UTC 2004

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, salvatore wrote:

> >>The nature of such lists is that people usually only post when
> >>something is broken after they've tried very hard to make it work.  It
> >>is therefore quite nice to hear from someone who finds that everything
> >>works after trying very hard to break it :)
> >>

> >To be honest I read his mail three times looking for the 'but'.
> >

> To be honest, I should have written one of these emails long ago.  Yum
> has made this linux quasi-newbie's life much easier.
> Its a great tool thats much appreciated.

There is a really classic link on the joy of providing "service" to the
masses wrt free software.  It is worth a read -- in fact it could have
been written by God and it would still be apropos.

It makes it clear that the occasional letter of praise is worth much to
the downtrodden maintainers:

  http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/faq.html#utone

Hail Seth!  Hail Michael!

Aw, Hail... (remember I'm from the south...;-)

   rgb