[Yum] Yum 2.0.5 flakiness

Sean Kasun skasun at azstarnet.com
Sat Mar 6 21:43:28 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-06 at 08:40, seth vidal wrote:

> What mirrors are you using?
> Chances are you're going in and out of a mirror being overloaded
> dependent on when you run it, try a lighter loaded mirror.

That's what I thought, but wget picks up the files no problem.
Specifically the mirrors I'm using are:
http://mirrors.kernel.org/..
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/..
http://ftp.ens.utulsa.edu/..

> What makes you think keepalive is failing here?

Well, as I said, it never has a problem downloading header.info, but it
gives an error trying to download the very first header.

# yum list updates
TRY #1:
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/development/i386/headers/header.info
RESULT = success (/var/cache/yum/development/header.info)
TRY #1:
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/development/i386/headers/pango-0-1.3.5-1.i386.hdr
EXCEPTION: [Errno 7] HTTP Error (BadStatusLine):

# wget -S
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/development/i386/headers/pango-0-1.3.5-1.i386.hdr
 1 HTTP/1.1 200 OK

If the server were overloaded, wouldn't I see it give an error when
getting header.info at least some of the time?