[Yum] bug in yum 2.0.5

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Thu Mar 4 07:16:43 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 01:47 +0200, Tuomo Soini wrote:

> seth vidal wrote:
>
> > so you think yum should, w/o any other information, reorder the
> > packages?
>
> It should install requirements first.

But it doesn't know how to order packages beyond what rpmlib tells it.

> Because currently it's not working as it should. It doesn't count PreReq
> or Requires(post): or other method to install requirements first.

You're right - it doesn't do this, quite intentionally, if yum did all
of this then i'd be rewriting a lot of transaction ordering from rpm.
The whole point in using the rpmlibs and ts.order() is to NOT rewrite
all that.

> You are talking to that maintainer. I maintain that postfix package and
> have done that for some years now.

Then you need to talk to the maintainer of rpm, b/c there isn't anything
in yum to fix this, if it is broken.