[Yum] Processor Speed

ADF50376 at netscape.net ADF50376 at netscape.net
Mon Jun 28 03:23:47 UTC 2004

Whenver I log in, I need to boost the processor speed on my PB 867 according to the message below:

Currently there is a CPU misconfiguration which may force your laptop to run at slower speeds in Linux than it is capable. To fix this, type:

cat /proc/sys/cpu/0/speed-max > /proc/sys/cpu/0/speed

To make the change permanent, add that line to /etc/rc.sysinit.

I'm still kind of new to YDL...exactly what is the process to make this permanent so I don't have to go thru this each and every time I log in?

Switch to the New Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.