[Yum] What is the difference between?

Jim Wildman jim at rossberry.com
Sun Jun 27 15:04:30 UTC 2004

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004, Dirk Ouellette wrote:

> What is the difference between the following rpms. What does each do?
> Thanks
>
>  kernel 2.4.22-1.2194.nptl.athlon]
A kernel for an athlon processor
>  kernel-source 2.4.22-1.2194.nptl.i386]
The source for the kernel (/usr/src/linux)
>  kernel-doc 2.4.22-1.2194.nptl.i386]
documentation for the kernel
>  kernel-BOOT 2.4.22-1.2194.nptl.i386]
RedHat's installation kernel

Jim Wildman, CISSP, RHCE       jim at rossberry.com http://www.rossberry.com
"Our political way of life is by the laws of nature, of nature's God, and
of course presupposes the existence of God, the moral ruler of the
universe, and a rule of right and wrong, of just and unjust, binding upon
man, preceding all institutions of human society and government."
John Quincy Adamns