[Yum] yum 1.0.3 and sendmail from RHEL 3 Update 2

Enice Eugene Bradley enice.bradley at oracle.com
Tue Jun 15 20:33:18 UTC 2004

Hello.

Recently, I upgraded a Dell 2650 server running Red Hat Enterprise Linux
(RHEL) 3 Update 1 to RHEL 3 Update 2 via yum 1.0.3.

Upon reboot, however, I found that /usr/lib/sendmail was renamed to
/usr/lib/sendmail.sendmail.  This caused some cron jobs
that utilize sendmail to break; I resolved by relinking the rogue link
back to /usr/lib/sendmail.

Does this issue have anything to do with yum, the sendmail RPM on RHEL 3
Update 2, or the version of RPM in use on the server before the upgrade
(rpm-4.0.4-7x.20.i386.rpm)?  I checked yum's Bugzilla database but found
nothing on RHEL or any issues regarding updates or (in my case) upgrades
via yum 1.0.3.

Thank you for your assistance.  I will summarize any replies I receive.

--eugene