[Yum] yum failover url problem.

Sanjay Arora skpobox at softhome.net
Tue Jun 15 11:41:13 UTC 2004

Now the scenario is this. I have a local yum-repository of RH9 updates,
from which I deleted several corrupted rpms, so it is missing some
rpms...about 15 of them.

In the update url, I have given two urls...first of the local repository
and second of the duke mirror. Now, when yum reaches the first missing
file, it switches to the second failover url of the duke mirror, but it
does not switch back to the faster and local mirror for getting other
files. It keeps downloading files from the remote, ignoring the local
repository.

I think yum should know of the local repository and switch to the remote
intelligently only for a specific file.

However, if this problem is due to my misconfiguring the yum.conf file,I
am reproducing it below. Please advise.

Sanjay.

yum.conf:
[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=10
errorlevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=redhat-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1

#[base]
#name=Red Hat Linux $releasever - $basearch - Base
#baseurl=http://mirror.dulug.duke.edu/pub/yum-repository/redhat/$releasever/$basearch/

[updates]
name=Red Hat Linux $releasever - Updates
#baseurl=http://192.168.200.2/pub/yum-repository/redhat/updates/$releasever/
baseurl=http://www.sewak.asr.lan/ftp/pub/yum-repository/redhat/updates/$releasever/
baseurl=http://mirror.dulug.duke.edu/pub/yum-repository/redhat/updates/$releasever/