[Yum] Yum check-update does not verify MD5 checksum!!

Sanjay Arora skpobox at softhome.net
Tue Jun 15 09:06:30 UTC 2004

I created a local mirror using wget for RH9 updates. Yum check-update
worked fine, but Yum update gave error on couple of files that were
corrupted, MD5 checksum error. Files were downloaded from dulug.duke.edu
mirror.

On a slow link, this matters a lot. Either I did not run check-update
right or this feature is badly needed. Comments please.Now every time
Yum finds an error, it will stop midway. Of course, I have added the
original duke.edu mirror as a failover but my connection is not stable
long enough to wait while yum downloads the corrupted files all over
again.

Comments? If correct, please do consider this as a feature request, even
if added as a special option with check-update.

With best regards.
Sanjay.