[Yum] Re: wishlist for yum

Sanjay Arora skpobox at softhome.net
Mon Jun 14 18:28:45 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-14 at 22:47, Javier Perez wrote:
> I am sorry I picked up this discussion late so I am not sure if
> someone has said it yet, but what about resuming downloads?
> I work with a dial up connection and sometimes a long download
> stops and I have to reinitiate it. Yum can find the
> incomplete download but instead of reinitiating it, yum
> erases it and restarts anew (ouch!)
>
> Javier

I was facing the same problem, but I solved it by having a local yum
repository. At least the download from Internet mirror part is now
seperated from yum. In addition, if something fails, I will not have to
download again.

However, due to frequent dropping connections, I was not able to get
performance from rsync and had to resort to wget.

Sanjay.