[Yum] Re: wishlist for yum

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Sat Jun 12 16:30:57 UTC 2004

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Satish Balay wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Jordan Russell wrote:
>
>> Farkas Levente wrote:
>>> - list all packages which do not comes from the given repository or the
>>> repositories in the yum.conf. this is something similar to 'yum list
>>> extras' but with a much stronger check. ie. if I install mozila from
>>> dag's repo then list as an extra, so do not check just the name.
>>
>> I could really use this functionality as well.
>
> +1
>
> A couple of RFEs I'd sugest:
>
> - with 'yum check-update' - it would be nice to see the current
>  version of the package as well.  (it could be with a --long-list
>  option which assumes 132 char terminal)
>
> - /var/logs/yum.log has stuff like:
> 06/11/04 09:14:29 Updated: cvs 1.11.17-1.i386
>  It would be nice if the current version of the package is also logged.

I have 1 more RFE: - repository-groups in /etc/yum.conf

-----------------
[repo-1]
baseurl=

[repo2=]
baseurl=

[repo-3]
baseurl=

repository-group default=repo-1,repo-2
repository-group my-special=repo-1,repo-2,repo3

If 'repository-group default' is not specified - then it would default
to 'all repositories' This would match the current behavior.

yum update [uses default group]
yum --repository-group my-special check-update

The current alternative is multiple config files (and using yum -c) -
but the drawback of this apporach is duplication of info. If one has
to change any repo info - it has to be changed in all config files
(which might have it).

Satish