[Yum] Re: wishlist for yum

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Sat Jun 12 00:03:11 UTC 2004

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Jordan Russell wrote:

> Farkas Levente wrote:
>> - list all packages which do not comes from the given repository or the
>> repositories in the yum.conf. this is something similar to 'yum list
>> extras' but with a much stronger check. ie. if I install mozila from
>> dag's repo then list as an extra, so do not check just the name.
>
> I could really use this functionality as well.

+1

A couple of RFEs I'd sugest:

  - with 'yum check-update' - it would be nice to see the current
   version of the package as well.  (it could be with a --long-list
   option which assumes 132 char terminal)

  - /var/logs/yum.log has stuff like:
06/11/04 09:14:29 Updated: cvs 1.11.17-1.i386
   It would be nice if the current version of the package is also logged.

Thanks,
Satish