[Yum] Few newbie questions

Sanjay Arora skpobox at softhome.net
Fri Jun 11 14:05:12 UTC 2004

Hi all

I am first time Yum user. I have an unupdated RedHat 9 installation on
which I have put up a Yum Repository of updates to RH9 only. My
questions are:

1. Do I need to copy the RH9 distro from the CDs to the base section of
the repository, in order to update the machine. You see yum-arch -d
{dir} is reporting failed dedpendencies though they are installed on the
machine.

2. Can I update the same server on which the yum repository is setup or
do I need to create a second repository to update this machine?

3. Can I use the FTP protocol instead of HTTP in Yum.conf i.e. can yum
fetch via ftp instead of HTTP.

With best regards.
Sanjay.