[Yum] Re: Usernames, Passwords and yum

Michael Stenner mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
Wed Jun 9 02:06:57 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 03:50:29PM -0500, Michael Favia wrote:

> >Oooh... That's a really interesting point.  I hadn't thought of that.
> >That might be worth pondering.  Perhaps the urls should be "scrubbed"
> >before they're printed:   ftp://****:****@site/path
> >
> >The question is where to do that.  I'll think about it a bit.
> >
> I would agree with scrubbing the URI i think that there are 2 valid
> forms for inputing a user/pass combo and they are:
>
> ftp://username:password@site/path
> and
> ftp://username@site/path (normally prompts for password if one is required)

I would be absolutely shocked if yum currently supports the latter,
and I would not really be in favor of implementing it.  It wouldn't be
impossible, but it would get pretty ugly fast :)

					-Michael
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department, the University of Arizona                 520-626-1619
  1230 E. Speedway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85721-0104                 ECE 524G