[Yum] why does yum have to fail when one repository fails?

Michael Stenner mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
Sat Jun 5 17:40:50 UTC 2004

On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 07:31:37PM +0200, lupus wrote:
> why does yum have to fail when one repository fails?
> I find it not logical that when one repository is down all repositories
> have to fail.
>
> Can't you just ignore this by default?

Another example:  lets say I run a custom kernel on a cluster of
machines.  I keep that kernel in my local repo.  It takes me some time
to patch and update it when a new kernel comes out so it lags the
stock kernels.  If my repo is down one day, poof, I have a kernel that
breaks my cluster.

					-Michael

  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department, the University of Arizona                 520-626-1619
  1230 E. Speedway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85721-0104                 ECE 524G