[Yum] Re: retrygrab() failed...HTTP Error 404

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Thu Jun 3 04:55:56 UTC 2004

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Blair Smith wrote:

> I've recently installed Fedora Core and have just learnt about Yum
> (version 2.0.4).  When I tried
>
> yum list available
>
> I was sent repeated "retrygrab() failed for:" messages and then
>
> "[Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found:"

Most likely your yum.conf is pointing to the wrong placei or the repos
are simply unavailable. If you paste the url for the repo(s) in yum.conf
into a web browser do you see the headers, etc.?

If not you must fix that for things to work.

> I checked the Yum archives and one user had apparently fixed a
> "retrygrab() failed" response by replacing an "http" with a "ftp"
> somewhere in his 'yum.conf' file.  But I could not find a similar
> server, so I wouldn't know what server to change.  Is this a common
> problem with Yum or is there more lilely something wrong with my version?

configuration problem. It is telling you it cannot find the repo(s).

HTH,

Tom