[Yum] retrygrab() failed...HTTP Error 404

Blair Smith smithbm at inspi.ufl.edu
Thu Jun 3 04:27:41 UTC 2004

I've recently installed Fedora Core and have just learnt about Yum
(version 2.0.4).  When I tried

yum list available

I was sent repeated "retrygrab() failed for:" messages and then

"[Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found:"

I checked the Yum archives and one user had apparently fixed a
"retrygrab() failed" response by replacing an "http" with a "ftp"
somewhere in his 'yum.conf' file.  But I could not find a similar
server, so I wouldn't know what server to change.  Is this a common
problem with Yum or is there more lilely something wrong with my version?

--
Dr Blair M. Smith
University of Florida