[Yum] Approved Architecture.

Lawrence, Steve Steve.Lawrence at factiva.com
Fri Jul 30 18:41:17 UTC 2004

> Now, I've occasionally seen weird issues when doing a 'yum update' on
> a machine where an 'update' rpm requires a base rpm (that isnt
> installed on the machine), but yum doesn't go back to the 'base'
> repository to pick it up and fails with a 'dependency not found'.

This sounds like an update-out-of-dep-loop issue that was left
outstanding in yum 1.0.X. It's a bit of code left that never got dropped
in to fix that situation.

Ahh. Any chance of it getting dropped?

> Actually, I have another question aswell - not related: Is there a way

> of listing rpm's in a particular repository? Like : 'yum list compaq'

yum list available | grep 'reponame'

Rats.

Yum 1.0.x doesn't list the repo in the 'yum list available'. Here's me
output :

Name                                     Arch       Version
--------
Canna                                    i386       3.5b2-50.as21.1
Canna-devel                              i386       3.5b2-50.as21.1
Canna-libs                               i386       3.5b2-50.as21.1
[blah]

So I can't grep that out :(

I see under 2.x that the repo is listed. Which is great for my ES 3
machines, but not so great for my (hordes of) 2.1 machines.. :(
Is this an easy addition?

-sv

S.