[Yum] Please could you help me?

Enrique Perez-Terron enrio at online.no
Fri Jul 30 15:06:07 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 21:29, Emiliano Escudero wrote:
> Hi Im writing because I really don't know what happened or if exists
> any bug. After I ran YUM, in order to upgrade my system to play Mp3
> with the Rhythmbox, i got the following error. "failed to create the
> player. Did you run the gst-register?". And I did. Im new on linux.
> Could you bring me some help? Thanks, Emiliano

The message you got most likely comes from the particular package(s)
that were installed or updated. You will have to ask in a forum where
people have knowledge of these.

When asking, you should provide a bit more information. For starters,in
what way did you use Yum? What did the command line look like?

I suggest you try the following command:

rpm -qa --last > /tmp/rpmlist

The command takes quite long time to complete. (A minute or two or
three.) When finished, the file /tmp/rpmlist contains a list of all
installed rpms on your system, together with the date of the last
install or update. The list appears to be sorted with the latest
install/updates at the top. That list should help you determine what
packages got installed when you ran Yum.

I wish you good luck.

Regards,
Enrique