[Yum] hmmm my yum ate my computer.

Michael Jennings mej at caosity.org
Mon Jul 26 15:51:34 UTC 2004

On Tuesday, 27 July 2004, at 01:40:03 (+1000),
TheFinn wrote:

> I think you missed the point somehow.

No, I'm afraid you did.

> Please, stick your flames in your /dev/null.

This is not a flame.

> I am merely commenting on the issue I originally posted. Perhaps you
> should read back...

I believe he was attempting to point out to you that the particular
problem(s) you're experiencing are not the fault of repository
maintainers, but rather are the fault of an improper yum.conf file
which does not point to the correct repositories.  He is correct in
this regard; not all yum repositories are intended to be 100%
self-sufficient.  Each repository has its own guidelines with which
users should familiarize themselves before making use of said
repository.  And perhaps we're wrong, but based on what you've said
during this thread, we have been forced to conclude that you failed to
read the guidelines, or at least failed to read them carefully enough.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <mej at kainx.org>