[Yum] current CVS HEAD state

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sun Jul 18 18:58:13 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm currently evaluating yum for some special bootstrapping tasks in diskless
environments (to get rid of some ugly shell scripts, which didn't get the
dependancies right, etc..)

Since I observed a considerable memory usage (about 200M) beside noticable
runtime requirements, I decided to give the CVS version a try, but found the
HEAD branch in a - ahem - quite inconsistent state. (Makefile.in's, reference
of removed modules, etc..) Is that to be expected?

Should I detail my findings, provide patches, whatever?

Thanks in advance for your patience with a yum newbie,
Pete