[Yum] yum update::error,warning,... messages

Ali Korhan Üstüner ustunera at itu.edu.tr
Fri Jul 16 14:38:00 UTC 2004

Hi,

I use yum to update linux servers and sometimes I see messages like
"warning: /etc/mail/sendmail.cf created as /etc/mail/sendmail.cf.rpmnew" as
an output of "yum update" command.

But today, I have encountered a situation that yum erased syslog-ng package
(installed on the system) while updating sysklogd package. I think, this
might be a great problem on servers if yum update is automated via a cron
job, because erasing these packages might effect running services on the
servers dramatically.

I wonder if there is another senario (unexpected circumstance) that might
occur during yum update....

Thanx in advance...

-----

A. Korhan ÜSTÜNER