[Yum] need a good comparison between yum and rh, current, nrh

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Thu Jul 15 15:24:40 UTC 2004

You can accomplish what you are trying to do (group systems) by editing the
yum anacron file: /etc/cron.daily/yum.cron

If you setup some groups (ala yumgroups.xml) on the server, and then add an
entry to your yum.cron file on the client, the client will always have the
packages listed in that group installed - provided you have nightly yum
updates enabled.

EX: if you call your group 'foo' in your yumgroups.xml, then add a line like
the following to your yum.cron on the client:
/usr/bin/yum -e 0 -d 0 -y groupupdate foo

-Jeff