[Yum] Re: A yum GUI exists: yumi

Beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Mon Jul 12 18:47:49 UTC 2004

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 18:04:13 +0200, Matthias Saou wrote:

> Anyway, it's in python, it's small, it's still a little rough around the
> edges, but... it works!
>
> http://www.cobind.com/yumgui.html

Any comments yet from people who've used it a while?? Matthias's post's
been up almost a month, and I don't see any (though my newsfeed may be bad).

Is this something a non-technoid could use? Not just a subtechnoid, but a
non-technoid? Yum is one of the main reasons I now run Fedora on all three
of my machines, replacing RedHat; but I'd prefer *not* ever to use it so
much (or need to!) that my fingers would learn all the commands, as they
have long since in Pine.

(I tried, from submenus off the Main Menu, to automate yum to update FC1
nightly, but it doesn't seem to work -- yet, I hope. Maybe when FC3 comes
out and I risk trying FC2, it'll be fixed. Maybe?)

My impression from the cobind site generally is that I'm an echelon or
three below its intended audience; and I'm anything but impressed at
anyone running a list on yahoo instead of PHP ...

--
Beartooth Implacable, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Keep in mind that I know precious little of what I'm asking about!