[Yum] Yum updates

Michael Stenner mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
Fri Jul 9 20:47:46 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 11:41:23AM -0800, Dayne Ellanna wrote:
> I was wondering if someone can tell me how you can UNDO an upgrade or
> update with yum or if it is even possible.  I know yum has a remove
> feature, but if I were just to do "yum upgrade" and let it upgrade any
> packages that were found, is it possible to UNDO that upgrade and be
> where you were before the upgrade happened.

It is not currently possible to do what you describe.  In most cases,
the older versions of the rpms aren't even in the repositories any
more.  All you can really do is track down the specific versions of
the rpms that you want and install them directly with rpm.

					-Michael
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department, the University of Arizona                 520-626-1619
  1230 E. Speedway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85721-0104                 ECE 524G