[Yum] Yum on Solaris

javier at rediris.es javier at rediris.es
Thu Jul 8 07:51:06 UTC 2004

> I get the feeling from the download page that Yum is designed for Redhat
> Linux. Will Yum work on Solaris systems? I don't see this topic mentioned in
> the faq, readme or install files.

If you mean to create the repositories in a solaris machine, the answer is yes.

Although with a patched version of yum, we index our rpm files on a solaris 8 machine, with rpm 4.0.4 and python 2.1.1. Python is from solaris-freeware,
and both rpm and yum can be downloaded from
http://ftp.rediris.es/pub/rediris/software/solaris/8/
(to index rpm files you need yum, not yum4sol)

							Javier Palacios