[Yum] VDQ : Can yum accommodate Opera?

Michael Stenner mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
Wed Jul 7 18:43:34 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 01:34:11PM -0400, Beartooth wrote:
> 7.51 and previous have run all right under Fedora Core 1 (using the RH9
> version), and I have just moved to 7.52 -- downloading with another
> browser, su-ing to root, and running rpm -Uvh against the download. It
> seems to've worked all right; but how clunky compared to just telling the
> machine "yum update Opera," preferably against my usual mirror. (I'm no
> expert on yum.conf, and just use the sample suggested by the nearest
> mirror.) Is this feasible?

If your mirror is set up an a yum repo, then this should work just
fine.  Look for a "headers" directory containing a bunch of .hdr
files.  The headers directory could live almost anywhere above the
rpms themselves.  If it's not set up as a yum repo, you can always ask
the admins to make it so.  It's just a matter of running 'yum-arch'.
Very very easy.

BTW, the baseurl in yum.conf is just the url of the directory that
CONTAINS the headers directory.
					-Michael

  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department, the University of Arizona                 520-626-1619
  1230 E. Speedway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85721-0104                 ECE 524G