[Yum] releasever "Null" for RHWS3

John Borwick borwicjh at wfu.edu
Wed Jul 7 15:49:15 UTC 2004

Hello!  I hope you're doing well.  I've looked through the list
archives, and--while there are some hits for this problem in Fedora--I
haven't found any for Red Hat Workstation 3.

We're running several Red Hat Workstation 3 machines, with the following
  in their "redhat-release" file:
   Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 3 (Taroon)

This gets put into $releasever as "Null".

Is there anything wrong on my end?  Should I just generate my own
"site-release" file with some other string?  If so, what should that
string be?

The machine's running yum 2.0.7, the latest I could find.

Thanks very much,
John

[Please cc me in any replies]
--