[Yum] Download unstable?

Karsten Jeppesen karsten at jeppesens.com
Wed Jan 28 17:12:58 UTC 2004

The version distributed by YDL is 1.0.1. Yum doesn't have a --version
flag btw.

> Most of the time download failures are the fault of an overloaded
> mirror
> or a bad connection.

Yes - if everything worked perfect - we wouldn't need yum either. One
download would be it.
But back to the real world.
My question still stands: Why not use wget for download. Parameters
could be set in the yum.conf file.
And then you wouldn't have to maintain that piece.
It is quite annoying that to do a 20 file update it takes more than 3
hours and 15 restarts. And I am still not done.
I am just running through what I propose exposing our customers to.
Since I have local mirrors, then I can just reset to those, but the guy
in South Africa???

I would strongly suggest interfacing with wget

Regards,

Dr. Karsten Jeppesen
VP of Technology
Total Impact