[Yum] Patch for yum

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Jan 21 13:39:17 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 05:50, javier at rediris.es wrote:
> As I told a couple of days ago, I was working on nevral.getHeader, to make it
> return a header object. And the attached patch finish the work.
>
> I will attempt to implemente the compareEVR function as a RPM_Base_Work method,
> to allow comparisons as 'if hdr1 > hdr2 : ...'. If anybody is working on that,
> please let me know.
>
> As the previous one, this patch is built against yum-20040103.tar.gz.
> I have tested both patches against CVS, and don't apply smoothly, but I can
> send the patches against CVS if they are easier to aply.

Hi Javier,
	If you're interested in coding on some functions for yum I have some
other ideas that might be more beneficial. As the yum 2.0.X branch will
be changing into 2.1.X and it's changes will be so radical that a lot of
the patches you're sending won't be useful. However, if you'd like to
help work on some newer functions, I'd be glad to see it.

read this message:
https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/rpm-python-list/2004-January/000046.html
and this blog entry:
http://www.advogato.org/person/skvidal/diary.html?start=67

and tell me if you're interested in helping on the rpmUtilities module.

Thanks